BOOK ONLINE FOR WEB EXCLUSIVE PRICES
BOOKING HELPLINE OPEN 9.30 - 17.00
5 day tour for the Aire & Wharfe Valley NT association visiting some of the finest attractions in Wales
- a beautiful Italianate village situated on the coast of Snowdonia in Wales. Designed by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis from 1925 - 1976, it was inspired by the Italian town of Portofino. He wanted to show how a naturally beautiful site could be developed without spoiling it. Aside from its iconic architecture, scenic surroundings and vast woodland gardens, Portmeirion is home to hip hotels, a huddle of historic cottages, a spa and award winning restaurants. It has been used for many TV & Film locations - most famously in The Prisoner with Patrick Mc Goohan & Doctor Who. www.portmeirion-village.com
- Set against a magnificent backdrop of the mountains and scenery of Snowdonia, an amazing feat of engineering : a power station hidden inside a mountain. Water, gravity and mans ingenuity work together to produce electricity. The largest man made cavern in Europe, it could happily house St Pauls Cathedral. The journey starts with a film introduction. Next we jump aboard an Electric Mountain bus and descend through the labyrinth of tunnels to the heart of Elidir Mountain, where youll experience one of mans greatest engineering achievements. www.electricmountain.co.uk
- Outstanding scenery, comfortable carriages and historic steam engines await you here in the heart of Snowdonia. Glorious coastlines, ancient oak woodlands, mountains, rivers and castles, all beckon as you embark on your journey on an award winning railway. The Welsh Highland Railway is the UK's longest heritage railway and runs for 25 miles from Caernarfon, past the foot of Snowdon and the picture postcard village of Beddgelert, then through the stunning Aberglaslyn Pass and on to Porthmadog. Ride in some of the most comfortable carriages on any heritage railway in the UK. We travel on the most spectacular part of the journey from Porthmadog to Rhy Ddu. www.festrail.co.uk
- National Trust A world-famous garden home to National Collections and Champion Trees. With intimate corners, sweeping lawns, grand terraces and verdant woodland, there are many gardens in one at Bodnant. Created over 150 years, with plants collected from far afield, and the incredible vision of generations of the McLaren family and Puddle head gardeners, this haven of rarity and beauty with a stunning backdrop of the Carneddau mountains of Snowdonia is a delight for the senses.
- 19th-century fantasy castle with spectacular surroundings The dominating stone façade of Penrhyn Castle hides more than just its internal red-brick construction. The unique architecture, opulent interiors and fine art collection sit alongside a history of sugar and slate fortunes, of social unrest and the longest-running industrial dispute in British history. Discover Penrhyns history, its vast rooms, neo-Norman stairways and Victorian kitchens. The extensive grounds are perfect for exploring and enjoying spectacular views of Snowdonia and the North Wales coast. Theres something for everyone at Penrhyn, just expect the unexpected.
- Enchanting mansion and gardens, with spectacular views of Snowdonia. Set on the shores of the Menai Strait amidst breathtakingly beautiful scenery, this elegant house was redesigned by James Wyatt in the 18th century. The 1930s restyled interior is famous for its Rex Whistler association and contains his exquisite romantic mural and the largest exhibition of his works. A military museum contains relics from the First Marquess of Anglesey's tenure, who commanded the cavalry at the Battle of Waterloo. There's a fine spring garden and Australasian arboretum, with an understorey of shrubs and wild flowers and an italianate-style summer terrace. A woodland walk gives access to a delightful early summer rhododendron garden. From the house and grounds, the views across the Menai Strait to the mountains of Snowdonia are simply stunning.
- Explore a much-loved home, garden and estate filled with the stories of a family and their servants. Sitting on a dramatic escarpment above the winding Clywedog river, Erddig tells the 250-year story of a gentry familys relationship with its servants. A large collection of servants portraits and carefully preserved rooms capture their lives in the early 20th century, while upstairs is a treasure trove of fine furniture, textiles and wallpapers. Outdoors lies a fully restored 18th-century garden, with trained fruit trees, exuberant annual herbaceous borders, avenues of bleached limes, formal hedges and a nationally important collection of ivies. The 486-hectare (1,200-acre) landscape pleasure park, designed by William Emes, is a haven of peace and natural beauty.
A very popular pleasure cruise which gives panoramic views of the Snowdonia Mountain Range, Penmon Lighthouse and Puffin Island. See many species of sea birds in their natural habitat - guillemots, cormorants, kittiwakes and of course the puffin. The east end of the island is home to a colony of grey seals which can be seen swimming in the sea or basking in the sunshine. The waters here are home to bottlenose dolphins and harbour porpoise which occasionally come to the surface near the boat.
Ideally situated on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. An elegantly restored blend of Georgian and contemporary architecture. It offers chic bedrooms, fine dining, leisure club and indoor pool. www.celtic-royal.co.uk
- Departure from Menston and Shipley
The price is per person sharing a double or twin bedded room
Single occupancy of double room extra £120
There will be an extra charge for any passengers who are not National Trust members
Please advise us when booking if you have mobility difficulties or need a special diet
Please note: Insurance - All customers must have cancellation insurance
Please note the itinerary is subject to possible alteration.
|From Price||Book Now||Call Back||Telephone||Favourites|
| Show/Hide Pricing |
There is no pricing information available. Please contact us for more information.
The website timed out while searching for the departure dates. Please try again.
|Room Types||Price Per-Person|